Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Simpsons: 5 Best Episodes


The Simpsons, the longest running primetime scripted show on tv (airing Sundays at 8pm EST on FOX), is the perfect example of a show that has long since jumped the shark.  For about the past 10 years (at least) it has been pretty unwatchable, and I haven't watched any new episodes at all for several seasons.  Also, the current controversy surrounding the stereotypical and possibly racist portrayal of the Apu character (an Indian convenience store owner) has seriously damaged the show's image.  But many people forget that in its early 90's peak it was the funniest and most original sitcom on tv.  I still repeatedly watch my favorite episodes (most from the show's 4th and 5th seasons, when Conan O'Brien was a writer), and my DVR has over 400 episodes of the show saved for whenever I need a pick-me-up.   Here, I present my 5 favorite episodes.  Let the countdown begin...

5.  Deep Space Homer (1994):  Homer goes to space, because why not?  And the inanimate carbon rod saves the day.


4.  Itchy and Scratchy Land (1994): The Simpsons visit a theme park based on their favorite violent cat and mouse duo. 


3.  The Joy of Sect (1998): Homer joins a wacky cult that ends up taking over Springfield. 


2.  Marge vs. the Monorail  (1993):  Crooked Lyle Lanley builds a pointless monorail in Springfield.  Includes the best song of any episode.


1.  King Size Homer (1995):  Homer gains weight to work at home.  Includes my favorite line of any episode.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcoming TV Shows to Get Excited About

Over the next several months, several hit tv shows will be premiering new seasons.  These shows have already proven to be critical and fa...